Edgewood High School

Edgewood High School
Edgewood High School

Reunion Committee

  • REUNION COMMITTEE:
  • Randy Russell
  • Joni Roberts Upshaw,
  • Johm Snyder,
  • Jim McCartney,
  • Jeanne Hulen Donie,
  • Herb Strickler,
  • Glenn Jenks,

BIOGRAPHIES

What Our Classmates Did After Graduation

Glen Goddard

The last 50 years in a nutshell: I moved away at the end of 10th grade to Avon-by-the-Sea, NJ. I never graduated from HS. At that point I had moved some 24 times in my lifetime and my education was a disaster. I was tested while attending Edgewood and they found that I had the education level of 8th grade math up to 2nd year college level of reading comprehension and writing. That was very discouraging for me. HS graduation seemed to be out of reach being so far behind. I never returned to HS upon getting to NJ. I joined the Navy, worked as an enlisted Sonar Technician and during that enlistment an officer convinced me to take the GED and I scored well and actually got my HS diploma from Edgewood HS in 1966 [?]. Later I went to Regis University [Denver CO] and graduated with a BS in Business, minoring in Economics. My career has spanned telecommunications, hospitality and hi-tech manufacturing, working mostly in the HR management environment.
I have lived in PA, MA, NJ, NY, VA, FL, CA, CO and lastly South Africa for almost four years. We just came back to the States and now live in San Diego.

No comments:

Post a Comment