Edgewood High School

Edgewood High School
Edgewood High School

Reunion Committee

  • REUNION COMMITTEE:
  • Randy Russell
  • Joni Roberts Upshaw,
  • Johm Snyder,
  • Jim McCartney,
  • Jeanne Hulen Donie,
  • Herb Strickler,
  • Glenn Jenks,

BIOGRAPHIES

What Our Classmates Did After Graduation

Bill Hoover

I went to Lafayette College. During my senior year I married Lois Fletcher from Wilkinsburg, PA. After Lafayette, I went to Lehigh University to complete an MS and PhD in Metallurgy and Materials Science. Our daughter, Julie was born while we were at Lehigh. My first job was with Sandia National Labs in Albuquerque, NM where we lived from 1970 to 1977 when Sandia transfered me to Livermore, CA (outside of San Francisco). Our son, Mark was born while we were in Albuquerque. We moved from Livermore to San Diego in 1987 when I took a job with Alcan Aluminum Corp. Then in 1995, after being laid-off from Alcan due to a business closure, we moved to the Milwaukee, WI area where I went to work for the A.O. Smith Corp. We thought we would stay in Wisconsin for five years and I would retire and we would move back to CA. Well, I worked until 2 years ago and we are still in Grafton, WI because we like it and have found nowhere else that we would rather be...except in March and April!Our son, Mark, is in Chico, CA with our daughter-in-law and two grandkids. Our daughter, Julie, is in Atlanta, GA where as a single woman she owns a home so Dad gets to spend a lot of time working during our visits. Lois and I are really enjoying retirement. We travel a lot as you might expect with kids in CA and GA. In addition, I am quite busy with work for Habitat for Humanity and our church. I, also, do a little consulting and teaching just to keep my hand in the technology. I am looking forward to a reunion sometime in 2012, it should be fun to see everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment